The state reserve was established on January 30, 1925
Polls module is not installed.
Included in the World Network of Biosphere Reserves (WNBR) of The Man and the Biosphere (MAB) Programme(1979)
Included in the European network of biogenetic reserves (1994)
Awarded a European Diploma of Protected Areas (1995)
Included in the Ramsar List of Wetlands of International Importance
A member of the international programme the Wetland Link International (2011)
A Wilderness Partner of the international network «European Wilderness Society» (2014)
An International Plant Area (2004)
An International Bird Area (2005)
A Monitoring point of the National environmental monitoring system (NEMS)
State nature protection institution "Berezinsky biosphere reserve" was created in order to control situated on its territory of the natural complex.
The main objectives of the SNPI "Berezinsky biosphere reserve" are:
· ensuring the conditions of preservation in natural state of natural complexes and objects located on its territory;
- implementation of environmental measures in protected areas and ensuring compliance with the established regime of protection and use;
· organization and holding of scientific-research works;
· organization of environmental monitoring;
· to assist in the training of scientific personnel and specialists in the field of environmental protection;
· environmental education, education, education of the population and the promotion of environmental protection;
· the preservation of natural complex as a historically developed landscape and genetic Fund of flora and fauna;
· development and introduction of scientific methods of nature protection and nature management;
· preservation of cultural heritage (objects of Ethnography, archeology, history, etc.);
· organization evidence-based ecotourism.